10am. A Plane or a Helicopter has crashed into the
11am. Both Towers Have Collapsed…I’ve been watching the TV with
my co-workers. We went back to work. Mom called and told me about the first
one, we re-gathered
and watched as the second one collapsed. Working in a hospital you feel a kinship
for the hospitals in the NY area. They’re on the street asking people to give
blood. I can only imaging how the EMTs and other workers feel right now. Fox
had a “Man On The Street”-type reporter asking passers-by their information.
They talked to one guy who worked in Building 1, he didnt’ know that was the
one that collapsed. The reporter told him. The FoxNEws Guy stayed on the street
until the 2nd tower collapsed. We saw him put the camera down and run the hell
away. I’ve had to get away and do some work. This is my Pearl Harbor…
Borrowed from CNN.com
NEW YORK (CNN) — Terrorists struck the United States Tuesday morning in harrowing, widespread attacks that included at least three commercial jet crashes into significant buildings.
- In the first attack, a plane hit the north tower of the World Trade
Center in Manhattan shortly before 9 a.m., followed by another plane into
the second tower about 20 minutes later. Both towers later collapsed.
- Reports said one plane appeared to be an American Airlines Boeing 767 that had been hijacked after take-off from Boston. American Airlines told CNN that it lost two planes in “tragic accidents,” one
leaving Boston with 81 passengers and 11 crew aboard, and the second leaving
Washington Dulles airport with 58 passengers and six crew aboard. Both planes
were en route to Los Angeles
- About an hour later, a plane crashed into the Pentagon in Washington,
part of which later collapsed.
- United Airlines Flight 93 airliner headed from Newark, New Jersey,
to San Francisco, crashed near Somerset, Pennsylvania — police said initial
reports indicated no survivors. It was not known if this was connected to the
- The Pentagon, the White House, the State Department, the Justice
Department, the Capitol, the CIA and all other government buildings in Washington
- In the first ever national ground stop of aircraft, all flights nationwide
have been stopped at their departure airports.
- All international flights were diverted to Canada.
- Israel has evacuated all its missions around the world.
- President Bush cancelled an appearance in Florida to return to Washington, calling the crashes “apparent terrorist attacks” and “a
- In Chicago, the Sears Tower was evacuated; United Nations in New
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta was evacuated.
CDC was preparing bioterrorism teams in case they become necessary.
- The New York Port Authority said it had closed all bridges and tunnels
into the city.
- New York’s Bellevue Hospital was designated command central for handling
the catastrophe. Several hospitals have already reported receiving victims with
burns and head injuries.
- U.S. stock markets were closed after the New York attacks.